Mount Meru University, Mwanza Centre www.mmumwanza.ac.tz : Here will discuss on Mount Meru University, Mwanza Centre admission, examination results and selection of candidates in various courses.
Mount Meru University, Mwanza Centre
MMU’s main campus is on a hundred (100) acre property located near the southern slopes of Mount Meru in Ngaramtoni area, approximately fifteen (15) kilometres north of Arusha City along the Arusha – Namanga Highway. The University’s Town Centre is located in the Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited (TTCL) Building opposite the Safari Hotel. The University’s Mwanza Centre is located along the Uhuru Street in Mwanza.
|Registration Status||UN Registered Institute|
|Affiliation||University Centre under Mount Meru University|
|Current Status||As per status of the Mother University|
|Registered by||TCU (Tanzania Commission for Universities)|
|Catagories||Private University Campuses, Centres and Institutes|
Programs / Courses
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Marketing Management
- Certificate in Community Development
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Accountants
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Human Community Development
- Diploma in Accountants
- Ordinary Diploma in Primary Education
- Ordinary Diploma in Early Childhood Care and education
Bachelor Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts with Education
- Bachelor of Education
Admission Application Process:
- Applicants for admission into Master programs must lodge their applications directly to the Office of Director of Graduate Studies at MMU by May 31 of the year of intended entry. Application materials for applicants may be obtained from respective offices at MMU or downloaded from the University’s Website at: www.mmu.ac.tz.
- All applicants for admission into Bachelor degree programs must lodge their applications through the Central Admission System (CAS) of the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) by the deadlines as announced by the TCU and NACTE.
- All applicants for admission into Certificate and Diploma programs must lodge their applications directly to the Offices of the Academic Registrar at MMU main campus and MMU – Mwanza Centre. Application materials for applicants may be obtained from the Academic Registrars’ offices or downloaded from the University’s Website at: www.mmu.ac.tz
- An undergraduate student who scores 40% – 49% (“D” grade) and a postgraduate student who scores 50% – 59% (“C” grade) in a course in a semester shall retake the End-of-Semester Examination in that course at a fee of Tshs 20,000/= and Tshs 30,000/= per course respectively.
- The highest mark for a supplementary examination shall be 59% and 69% respectively.
- A student will be allowed to sit for only two supplementary examinations in a semester.
- Special and Supplementary Examinations will be offered during the first week of August
- Course grades for undergraduates are derived from numerical score obtained on assignments, midsemester
and end-of-semester examinations as follows:
|Scores (%)||Letter Grade||Points/Credit||Description|
|80 – 100||A||5||Excellent|
|70 – 79||B+||4||Very Good|
|60 – 69||B||3||Good|
|50 – 59||C||2||Pass|
|40 – 49||D||1||Supplementary|
|0 – 39||F||0||Fail|
Release of Examination Results, Progress Reports and Academic Transcripts
- Examination results of candidates in every examination for the 1st and 2nd semesters shall be
released to the students upon the approval of the Senate.
- To receive his/her academic progress report of the previous academic year, a student must
download it from the University SARMS.
- Official student academic transcripts are usually issued upon a student’s completion of program of study. However, if in need, students may request for partial academic transcripts from the Office of the Academic Registrar which are issued at a fee of Tshs 10,000/=. Academic transcripts must be requested at least three working days before they are needed.
- Bachelors Second Semester Results 2017 and Diploma and Certificate Results 2017 is published
- Special and Supplementary Results released on 21-08-2017
- Certificate and Diploma Final Results released on 23-06-2017
List of Students Qualified for November 2017 Graduation
- The list of MMU Mwanza selected applicants is released by Mount Meru University, Mwanza Centre Mount
List Of Graduands Nov 2017 for Certificate In Community Development Download.
- MMU recognizes hard work done by students in academic pursuit. In the academic year, a student
who maintains a cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.5 – 4.7 shall be placed on the DVCAA’s
honour roll. A student who maintains a cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.8 -5.0 shall be placed
on the VC’s honour roll and the student will be recognized in the University Chapel.
MOUNT MERU UNIVERSITY-MWANZA
P. O. BOX 2957 MWANZA
Nyamagana Municipal Council
Phone: +255 -756777757
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org