Mount Meru University Main Campus (Ngaramtoni) and Mount Meru University Town Centre (Arusha City) student web portal www.mmu.ac.tz.Here will discuss on MMU, Ngaramtoni and Town Centre admission, examination results and selection of candidates in various courses.
- The mission of MMU is to equip students with Christian ministerial and professional skills to improve
their quality of life and that of their communities, nations, and the whole world.
- To be a fountain of knowledge and wisdom that produces excellent, God fearing, visionary, skilled,
proactive, hardworking and transforming servant leaders.
Mount Meru University (MMU):
- MMU was initially established in 1962 as International Baptist Theological Seminary of Eastern
Africa (IBTSEA) in order to cater for the spiritual needs of the people of Eastern and Central Africa.
Over the years, IBTSEA was able to train more than five hundred pastors and church leaders for
Christian ministry in the Eastern, Central and Southern Africa region.
- In 2002, the institution embarked on meeting the intellectual and social needs of the region. The
Higher Education Accreditation Council (HEAC), now Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU),
granted MMU the Certificate of Provisional Registration (CPR) in September of 2003 and the
Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) in July 2005.
- Mount Meru University (MMU)offers different programs ranging from certificates to masters levels.Below is the list of Academic Programs offered by Mount Meru University(MMU). MMU has a standard Fees structure for the following porgramms.
- Basic Technician Certificate in Accountancy (NTA Level 4)
- Technician Certificate in Accountancy(NTA Level 5)
- Basic Technician Certificate in Business Administration (NTA Level 4)
- Technician Certificate in Business Administration(NTA Level 5)
- Basic Tecnician Certificate in Procurement and Logistics(NTA Level 4)
- Tecnician Certificate in Procurement and Logistics(NTA Level 5)
These are Diploma Programs Offered by MMU.
- Diploma in Law
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality
- Diploma of Human Resource Management
- Diploma of Education with Music
- Diploma of Education with Music
- Diploma in Church Music
- Diploma of Theology
- Diploma in Christian Education
- Diploma in Marketing
- Ordinary Diploma in Primary Education (PRE SERVICE NTA Level 6)
- Ordinary Diploma in Primary Education (IN SERVICE NTA Level 6)
- Ordinary Diploma in Education
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Christian Education
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Economic Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting and Finance,Entrepreneurship,Marketing)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Education in Religious Education
- Bachelor of Theology with Education
- Bachelor of Science with Education
- Master of Arts in Community Development (MACD)
- Master of Business Management (MBA)
Programmes offered Faculty
Faculty Of Theology
Programmes offered in the Faculty of Theology include
- 1. Bachelor of Theology
- 2. Bachelor of Theology with Education
- 3. Bachelor of Christian Education
- 4. Diploma of Theology
- 5. Diploma in Christian Education
- 6. Diploma in Church Music
Faculty Of Education
Programmes offered in the Faculty of Education include:
- 1. Bachelor of Education with Two teaching subjects.
- 2. Diploma in Education with Two teaching subjects
- 3. Diploma of Education with Music
- 4. Certificate in Teacher’s Education Grade ‘A’.
Faculty Of Business Studies
Programmes offered in the Faculty of Business Studies include:
- 1. Bachelor of Business Administration in three concentrations i.e. Accounting and Finance,
Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- 2. Diploma in Business Administration
- 3. Diploma in Marketing
- 4. Diploma in Human Resource Management
- 5. Diploma of Management in Tourism & Hospitality
- 6. Diploma in Law
- 7. Certificate in Law
- 8. Certificate in Community Development
- 9. Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality
- 10. Certificate in Business Administration
- 11. Certificate in Marketing
- 12. Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Mount Meru University(MMU) has released the selected applicants for Undergraduate programmes for 2017/2018 academic year http://www.mmu.ac.tz/Uploads/selected_students_TCU.pdf
- You are required to report at the university. All applicants should submit the required documents.
- Every year Mount Meru University Main Campus (Ngaramtoni) and Mount Meru University Town Centre (Arusha City) release Prospectus for students. This Prospectus contains details about the Mount Meru University current and updated information. candidates should download Mount Meru University Prospectus and should read it very carefully for details requirements and selection process.
Online Application Form
- Applicants for admission into Master programs must lodge their applications directly to the Office of Director of Graduate Studies at MMU by May 31 of the year of intended entry. Application materials for applicants may be obtained from respective offices at MMU or downloaded from the University’s Website at: www.mmu.ac.tz
- All applicants for admission into Bachelor degree programs must lodge their applications through the Central Admission System (CAS) of the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) by the deadlines as announced by the TCU and NACTE.
- All applicants for admission into Certificate and Diploma programs must lodge their applications directly to the Offices of the Academic Registrar at MMU main campus and MMU – Mwanza Centre. Application materials for applicants may be obtained from the Academic Registrars’ offices or downloaded from the University’s Website at: www.mmu.ac.tz
- Release of Examination Results, Progress Reports and Academic Transcripts: Examination results of candidates in every examination for the 1st and 2nd semesters shall be released to the students upon the approval of the Senate.
- To receive his/her academic progress report of the previous academic year, a student must download it from the University SARMS.
- Official student academic transcripts are usually issued upon a student’s completion of program of study. However, if in need, students may request for partial academic transcripts from the Office of the Academic Registrar which are issued at a fee of Tshs 10,000/=. Academic transcripts must be requested at least three working days before they are needed.
Course grades for undergraduates are derived from numerical score obtained on assignments, midsemester
and end-of-semester examinations as follows:
|Scores (%)||Letter Grade||Points/Credit||Description|
|80 – 100||A||5||Excellent|
|70 – 79||B+||4||Very Good|
|60 – 69||B||3||Good|
|50 – 59||C||2||Pass|
|40 – 49||D||1||Supplementary|
|0 – 39||F||0||Fail|
Address and Contacts
- MMU’s main campus is on a hundred (100) acre property located near the southern slopes of Mount
Meru in Ngaramtoni area, approximately fifteen (15) kilometres north of Arusha City along the
Arusha – Namanga Highway.
- The University’s Town Centre is located in the Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited (TTCL) Building opposite the Safari Hotel. The University’s Mwanza Centre is located along the Uhuru Street in Mwanza.
|MMU Main Campus (Ngaramtoni) Address||MMU Town Centre (Arusha City) Address|
|Mount Meru University(MMU)
P.O.Box 11811,Arusha Tanzania