University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) Undergraduate Admission / Entry Requirements 2018-19: Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degree Programmes General Minimum Entrance Requirements alogn with there is also Additional Entrance Requirements.
UDSM Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Candidates wishing to be Admission in University of Dar es Salaam to pursue the various undergraduate degree and non-degree programmes have to fulfil the general minimum entrance requirements as well as the additional entrance requirements specific to each academic programme.
UDSM Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Degree
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first-degree programme of the University of Dar es Salaam if the candidate has the following qualifications.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent;
- (i) For all Applicants except Graduates of 2014 and 2015: Two Principal Level Passes inappropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5 (for Arts programmes) and 4 (for Science-based programmes) based on the following grade to point conversion scale:
A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point
The minimum Principal in this case is an ‘E’ grade.
- (ii) For graduates of 2014 and 2015: Two Principal Level Passes in appropriate subjects in the
A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5 (for Arts programmes) and 4 (for Science-based programmes) based on the following grade to point conversion scale:
A = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; C = 2; D = 1; E = 0.5 and F = 0 point.
The minimum Principal in this case is a ‘C’ grade.
[Note: Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted]
- An appropriate equivalent Diploma of a GPA not less than 3.0 for Ordinary Diplomas or B average for Teacher Education and Health Related diplomas or Distinction for unclassified awards or B grade for Full Technician Certificates or Upper Second Class for non- NTA diplomas obtained from a college which is fully registered by
NACTE and approved by the UDSM Senate.
All Direct applicants must also satisfy the TCU minimum the requirement of Two Principal passes with at least a total of 4.0 points from Two Subjects.
Additional Entrance Requirements
- In addition to the general minimum entrance requirements, there are additional qualifications, specific to the various degree programmes, as shown in Table 2 in UDSM Prospectus 2018-19.
For updates check the link below.