University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) Examination Results for Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degrees, as well as Certification Programmes. In this students will get the information on How to check UDSM Undergraduate examination results 2017-2018 and UDSM Postgraduate examination results.
UDSM Examination Results
- Every year the Head of Department of every course at University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) make sure that students are made aware of all required evaluation procedures at the beginning of the course. A candidate may require sitting in an oral examination in addition to written and practical examinations in UDSM.
- Each course will be examined at the time of its completion and a grade awarded. The grade will be
based on a final university examination and a coursework assessment.
- University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) allows students to check their examination results through Academic Registration Information System i.e. USDM ARIS.
Publication of Result
- The results may be published on notice boards, newspapers, information systems or websites at the
discretion of the relevant College/School/Institute. The anonymity of the student must be protected in
publishing results e.g. using the student’s registration number rather than names.
- Examination results having been recommended by the College or School or an academic Institute
Board to the Senate Undergraduate Studies Committee, the Committee shall approve the results and
such approval shall have to be confirmed by the Senate.
Score GPA and Grading System for Undergraduate
For purposes of the final classification of degrees and where applicable, a five point system shall be
used in averaging the final grades.
- The letter grades will be assigned points as follows:
A B B C D E
5 4 3 2 1 0
- The Grade Point Average (GPA) for the degree shall be computed by dividing the total score in 12.5
by the total weight obtained under 12.3 and truncating down to one decimal point.
- The final classification shall be as follows: First Class A (5.0-4.4); Upper Second Class B+ (4.3-3.5);
Lower Second Class B (3.4-2.7); and Pass C (2.6-2.0).
- Award of Honours Degree: A degree with honours shall be awarded to a candidate obtaining a First or Second class upper division where the candidate has passed all examinations at first sitting; without supplementary examination or carry over in any particular academic year.
Score GPA and Grading System for Postgraduate
- Candidates registered for Postgraduate Diploma, Masters/Ph.D by coursework and dissertation programmes shall sit for course examinations following assessment procedures approved by the relevant College/School/Institute, SPSC and Senate. Unless stipulated otherwise the General University Undergraduate Examination Regulations shall be used to guide the conduct of examinations of all postgraduate courses.
- In all Colleges/Schools/Institutes, the relationship between letter grades, award, numerical score and
grade points shall be as follows: