UDSM Admission 2018-19 Undergraduate and Postgraduate : University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) allows students to get admission into various academic programmes leading to the award of certificates, diplomas, and degrees. University of Dar es Salaam stands as the most prestigious University in Tanzania.
UDSM Admission 2018-19
- Before applying for the admission in University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) all the students should read the latest UDSM Prospectus 2018-19 very carefully. There are different Undergraduate and postgraduate prospectus.
UDSM Undergraduate Admission 21018-19:
- Applicants with direct qualifications i.e. those who have completed A-level secondary education (Form VI),
will have to apply through the Central Admission System as advertised by the TCU. Equivalent applicants with diplomas in Education, NTA level 6 and non-NTA level 6 recognised by TCU/NACTE will also apply through CAS. Other equivalent applicants apart from those listed above (such as post-form VI certificates, bachelor degree holders) will continue lodging their applications with the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Application forms for applicants with other equivalent qualifications can be obtained from the Directorate
of Undergraduate Studies, Administration Block in Room 105, or they will be sent directly to the applicant
upon request, but only where the applicant meets the required admission qualifications. Application
forms can also be obtained from the offices of Regional Education Officers (REOs) or downloaded from the
University website at www.udsm.tz.
- The duly filled forms must reach the Director of Undergraduate Studies not later than the date indicated on the advertisement calling for applications for the particular admission season. Only applicants who meet the required minimum entry qualifications into the University should submit application forms. Forms from applicants who do not meet the minimum entry qualifications will not be processed and the admission fee if paid will be forfeited.
- Candidates wishing to be enrolled at the University of Dar es Salaam to pursue the various UDSM Undergraduate Courses and non-degree programmes have to fulfil the general minimum entrance requirements as well as the additional entrance requirements specific to each academic programme.
- A short-term student is one, the duration of whose studentship at the University of Dar es Salaam is one
academic year and who is not registered for the certificate, diploma or degree course of the University.
- Applications will only be considered from those candidates who possess the University of Dar es Salaam
entrance qualifications or equivalent (B average) or higher qualifications for admission to the undergraduate
- The application must be submitted through the applicant’s University/College, to reach the Director of
Undergraduate Studies at least two months before the beginning of the semester in which admission is
- The University of Dar es salaam (UDSM) offers various academic programmes leading to the award of certificates, diplomas, and degrees. A total of 88 Undergraduate Degree Programmes are offered at various academic units of the University. You may download the UDSM Admission Procedures Guidebook from www.udsm.ac.tz (Undergraduates section) for information about all programmes and their requirements.
- Applications for admission are invited from qualified candidates wishing to pursue various undergraduate degree programmes for the academic year 2017/2018. All requisite information and guidelines to take the applicant through the application stages are provided from the Instructions tab. Applicants are reminded to register their names as they appear in their O & A level certificates; likewise, their index numbers where prompted.
UDSM Postgraduate Admission 2018-19
- Before applying for the UDSM Postgraduate Admission 2018-19 all the students should read the latest UDSM Prospectus 2018-19 very carefully.
- From academic year 2007/2008 to 2012/2013, the University of Dar es Salaam registered a total of 7,337
students pursuing postgraduate diplomas, and Master and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. In 2012/2013 academic year, the Directorate registered 1,535 first-year students pursuing various postgraduate programmes. The graduation statistics from 2007/2008 to 2012/2013, show that a total 4,636 postgraduate students graduated as holders of postgraduate diplomas, master degrees and Ph.D in various academic programmes.
Submission of Applications
- a) All applications for postgraduate training at the University of Dar es Salaam should be submitted to the
Director of Postgraduate Studies. UDSM OAS: Online Application 2018-19.
- b)Subsequently, a standard Application Form (UDSM/PG.F1) should be duly filled and submitted,
accompanied by the referees’ reports and copies of transcripts and certificates.
- c) Applicants are responsible for soliciting two academic reports from referees regarding their suitability
for postgraduate studies. Form UDSM/PG.F2 shows the format, which is expected of the reports.