Stefano Moshi Memorial University College (SMMUCo) (A Constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira). Student web portal www.smmuco.ac.tz is a Private University Colleges having two campuses Stefano Moshi Memorial University College Mwika Centre and Town Centre where the main campus at Masoka.
- A Constituent College of Tumaini University, SMMUCo began in 2007. SMMUCo is named in memory and honour of the late Stefano Reuben Moshi, the first Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania (ELCT), 1963 – 1976, and the founder of the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre.
- SMMUCo consists of three campuses- Masoka, Mwika and Moshi town. Masoka serves as the administrative headquarters of the University College. Until 2009-2010 students admitted to the College were taught at Masoka campus. At the beginning of the academic year 2009-2010 a new campus was opened at Mwika Bible College, forty kilometres from Moshi town, for the Faculties of Education and Theology; two months later the third campus for the Faculties of Business and Management Studies and Science and Technology was opened, and housed in the renovated Breweries Limited Buildings in JJ Karanga Industrial Area, Moshi Municipality.
- The Vision of SMMUCo is “serving God and people by promoting educational and professional excellence for
the total quality development of man.
- Every year Stefano Moshi Memorial University College (SMMUCo) release Prospectus for students. This Prospectus contains details about the SMMUCo current and updated information. candidates should download SMMUCo Prospectus and should read it very carefully for details requirements and selection process. It serves as a guide in the operation and the management of the academic enterprise and codes of conduct all too necessary in the achievement of the primary objectives of the University namely learning, research and service to our church and the nation.
Admission and registration procedures
- Any application made will only be considered if the University receives satisfactory evidence that the candidate
qualifies for the programmes applied for. All accepted students are expected to conform to the college rules and regulations.
Application Form Online
- Application for admission is open to everyone desiring a quality education and who is able to abide to the college rules and regulations.
- There are two intakes in the academic year in September for full time programmes and March for evening
programmes. Each intake has set programmes offered. Application forms for admissions can be obtained from
University college campuses ( Masoka, Moshi Town and Mwika) upon payment of the prescribed fee currently Tshs 30,000/= or USD 30. The Application forms can also be downloaded from the SMMUCo website
- Degree programmes applicants under direct and indirect entry (equivalent with NTA LEVEL 6) scheme should
apply through Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) Central Admission System (CAS). For further
information about Central Admission applicants can visit TCU Website: www.tcu.go.tz
Non degree applicants (Certificates and Diploma Programmes) should apply directly to SMMUCo.
Application for Admission to Bachelor Degree, Diploma and Certificate Programmes for Academic Year 2017/2018
- Goto http://stefanomoshimemorialuniversitycollege.alcp-oss.com/apply/
- Click on Apply
- Create a secret code: _________
- Confirm a secret code:_________
- Click on “Request an Application Number”.
- Your Application Number is: 123271
- Click on your Application Number to Start your Application.
- Personal Information
- Education Information
- Academic Programmes
- Upload Certificates/Slips
- Finish your Application
Make sure that you’ve uploaded all the required documents/certificates for your application including the Application Fee Bank Payment Slip (Tsh.10,000/=) paid
Programmes / Courses
SMMUCo currently offers the following postgraduate programs:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
SMMUCo offers undergraduate programmes in various fields of studies as follows;
Bachelor of Business Administration with Education
Bachelor of Education (Arts)
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Management
Bachelor of Accountancy
Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Diploma, Certificate and Foundation Courses
Diploma Programmes ( 2years)
Diploma in Education
Diploma in Accountancy
Diploma in Office Management and Secretarial studies
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Diploma in Procurement and Materials Management
Diploma in Community Development
Diploma in Mass Communication
Diploma in Law
Diploma in Information Technology
Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism studies
Certificate Programmes (1year)
- Certificate in Law
- Certificate in Journalism
- Certificate in Community Development and Social work
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Certificate in Procurement and Materials Management
- Certificate in Accountancy and Finance
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Microfinance
- Certificate in Office Management and Secretarial Studies
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Tour Guiding and Tourism Studies
Foundation Course (1 month)
- Foundation Course in Journalism
- (i) Supplementary examinations shall be approved by External Examiners or an internal moderator in case the
former is not available. The moderator could be someone within the College or an outsider who did not teach
- (ii) The pass mark for supplementary Examination for Undergraduate is a “C” irrespective of the score.
- (iii) Regulations governing repeat of examination or supplementary examinations will be applicable to the Colleges as approved by the Senate
SARIS is an online Information System for Students Academic Registration. Students use SARIS to view and track the records of their examination results and other college related information.
Address / Contacts
- Located at Kibosho, Moshi, Kilimanjaro region in Tanzania, East Africa, is on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro, 14 km North of Moshi town.
Moshi Town Sub Campus:
- The Industrial property complex is formerly known as Kibo Breweries Limited, located in Block ‘JJJ’, Section V, Karanga Industrial Area, Moshi Municipality.
- Located in Kilimanjaro region, Moshi rural, located on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro near Marangu.
Stefano Moshi Memorial University College
Moshi — Kilimanjaro
Tanzania — East Africa
Phone: E-mail: +255 27 2757070/1 firstname.lastname@example.org +255 27 2753720 Website +255 27 2757860 http://www.smmuco.ac.tz/